Today is apparently the 6th anniversary of moving Pirates of the Burley Griffin to WordPress because I got tired of LiveJournal being down all the time. To amuse myself let’s take a look at the mostly pitiful stats I’ve racked up in that timeframe.
In that 6 years I’ve had:
- just over 100,000 views on the blog, with 2014 and 2015 the only years I cracked 20,000.
- 901 posts here on WordPress, plus another 1,207 migrated from LiveJournal
- 2138 comments (which, admittedly include my pingbacks when I cross reference posts).
- Roughly 34,000 spam comments blocked by Akismet
The top five commented posts are:
- What are YOUR Comfort Anime? Enquiring minds (well mine) want to know
- A standard I’m not walking past, and the failure mode of clever
- You have GOT to be kidding me
- Twenty Days of Anime Movies – Day 14 – Whisper of the Heart (1995)
- Chihayafuru (2011): Season 1 Review
I do mostly write for myself here, it’s how I organise and develop my thoughts on a range of topics. Still, I would appreciate a little more conversation occasionally. So, if you do enjoy what I write, do leave a comment occasionally. I usually answer pretty quickly.
And on that note, let’s see how these numbers have changed in 2021 when I hit the 10 year anniversary. See you then.
 That happened at just about the time the Grand Tour was winding up.
 And I still do want to know by the way.
 I’m guessing: not by much. 🙂