At the end of the (anime) Winter season, here are the top five posts for the first quarter of 2016:
- Say “I Love You” (2012): Final Thoughts with Spoilers (December 2012)
- Garokowa: Restore the World (2016) with some spoilers (January 2016)
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (2016): First Thoughts with Major Spoilers (February 2016)
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World (2016): First Thoughts (February 2016)
- Myriad Colours Phantom World (2016): First and Probably Only Thoughts (January 2016)
Wow. I think that’s the first time four posts from the current quarter made the rankings. I think that says something about the strength of the Winter 2016 season (and it was pretty strong overall). Although I’m disappointed that the Rakugo Shinju first impressions didn’t make the rankings. If you’re not watching Rakugo Shinju you should at least try it, if only to spot the cultural connection to AKB0048.
Although, apparently, nothing can beat Say “I Love You”.
I did like seeing CrunchyRoll get a movie, and I hope they get more, and better, examples than GaroKawa.
Grimgar mostly recovered from the missteps of the first six episodes, and I’ll probably have a Final Thoughts post up on the weekend.
The second half of Konosuba was, with one glaring exception, more or less like the first.
I should think about removing the “probably” from the Myriad Colours Phantom World post title. At this stage I’m not going back.
 And, arguably, the start of the Canberra winter. YAY!