It is the last two weeks of July and therefore time to help fight cancer by bidding for anime review copies provided by Hanabee.
The July 2014 Discs
- Card Fight!! Vanguard Part One – DVD
- Case Closed Season 2 – DVD
- Medaka Box Season One – Blu-Ray
- Little Busters Season One – Part Two – DVD
- Toradora: The Complete Series (Part 1 and Part 2) – DVD
See below the cut for the rules, the progress to date this year (nearly a $1,000 raised including my matching donations), and how to bid/donate.
- Once a month I’ll post a list of titles for the monthly donations.
- Australian residents can then leave a comment indicating how much they are prepared to donate to a cancer charity to win a particular disc (don’t forget to tell me which disc you want).
- The minimum pledge is 1/3 retail price
- The highest pledge will win the disc
- I will close the comments after about two weeks with a final comment identifying the winners.
- Winners will forward a receipt for their donations to me.
- I will then privately email the winners to obtain snail mail details (again within Australia only), and send them the disc(s).
- I will pay for the postage.
- I will match all winning pledges up to 2x retail per disc.
- My default charity is the Australian Cancer Research Foundation, but I will match the cancer research charity of the winner’s choice.
- I am willing to re-open bids on titles offered in previous months. Leave a comment and I’ll add them to the list.
The Running Totals
Here’s what has been raised so far:
|Month||Monthly Total||Australian Cancer Research Foundation||Yooralla||National Breast Cancer Foundation|
Yooralla is a worthy charity that I commend to your attention, but not a cancer charity which is why I donated to the ACRF in March instead of matching Brendan’s donation.