You know the drill by now: bid on a disc and nominate the cancer research charity of your choice, and I’ll match your bid. $180 has been raised so far this year, I hope to do better this month.
The March 2014 Discs
The discs up for grabs this month are:
- Anohana – DVD (You want this one. You really do.)
- BTOOOM! – Blu-Ray (Not for me, but good for what it is.)
- Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine Part 1 – DVD and Blu-Ray (An impressive prequel.)
- Mysterious Girlfriend X – DVD (Unwatched.)
- Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Black Rose Saga – DVD (Worth it just for the extras.)
- EDIT: Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 – DVD
- EDIT: Bakemonogatari Part 1 – DVD
- EDIT: Bakemonogatari Part 2 – DVD
- EDIT: Dusk Maiden of Amnesia – DVD (includes soundtrack)
NB: I’ve received a request to re-open bidding on some of the January and February titles. To ensure that this is kept fair, I’ve added the titles to the list, and check the comments for the current bids.
- Once a month I’ll post a list of titles for the monthly donations.
- Australian residents can then leave a comment indicating how much they are prepared to donate to a cancer charity to win a particular disc (don’t forget to tell me which disc you want).
- The minimum pledge is 1/3 retail price
- The highest pledge will win the disc
- I will close the comments after about two weeks with a final comment identifying the winners.
- This is an honour system, I trust my readers to do the right thing.
- I will then privately email the winners to obtain snail mail details (again within Australia only), and send them the disc(s).
- I will pay for the postage.
- I will match all winning pledges up to 2x retail per disc.
- My default charity is the Australian Cancer Research Foundation, but I will match the charity of the winner’s choice.