As noted in the Site Disclaimer I do not retain review copies for personal use. If I like it enough, I’ll buy my own.
That does leave me with more review copies from Hanabee that I’ll be able to auction off  for charity at SwanCon or Continuum . So once a month I’m going to conduct a sort of giveaway with the goal of raising money for cancer research.
As I’ve noted before, cancer has hit the Australian SF community far too hard in recent years and the chance to use these review copies to support cancer research is too good to pass up.
- Once a month I’ll post a list of titles for the monthly donations.
- Australian residents can then leave a comment indicating how much they are prepared to donate to a cancer charity to win a particular disc (don’t forget to tell me which disc you want)
- The minimum pledge is 1/3 retail price
- The highest pledge will win the disc
- I will close the comments after about two weeks with a final comment identifying the winners.
- This is an honour system, I trust my readers to do the right thing.
- I will then privately email the winners to obtain snail mail details (again within Australia only), and send them the disc(s).
- I will pay for the postage.
- I will match all winning pledges up to 2x retail per disc.
The January Discs
To get things started, here’s the list for January:
- Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 – DVD
- Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 2 – DVD
- Bakemonogatari Part 1 – DVD
- Bakemonogatari Part 2 – DVD
- Kokoro Connect – Blu-Ray
I’d like to thank Hanabee  for providing the review copies, and my readers for helping me put these to good use.
 Forgetting to take review copies to Continuum last year didn’t help. 😦