The Avengers was the in-flight movie from Canberra to Perth last night.
I have to admit I was surprised by how much I enjoyed seeing it, especially under the less than ideal circumstances:
- I was in a bus with wings (Admittedly I had an over wing exit seat);
- The screens were teeny tiny and too far away to read the subtitles in Black Widow‘s first scene;
- The sound was awful (Admittedly mitigated somewhat by the noise cancelling headphones, don’t get on a plane without them);
- The aspect ratio was wrong;
- It is the second time this year I’ve seen The Avengers
Despite all the negatives, The Avengers still held my attention throughout, even when I wanted to be writing Oh My Goddess reviews (the volume 22 review will be up shortly).
Once you take away the impact of the cinema experience than all that’s left is the story. It turns out that The Avengers has a much better story than I realised.