Courtesy of dalekboy comes the interview meme so without further ado on to the questions
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me!"
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will post the answers to the questions (and the questions themselves) on your blog or journal.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. And thus the endless cycle of the meme goes on and on and on and on…
1. What is an Anime you think everyone should watch?
Given that anime is more of a medium than a genre that is a hard one to answer. So much so that the answer will reflect personal taste rather than even a vague attempt at quality.
As with so many things I tend towards stories that offer hope and redemption. I also tend to avoid the overly (and totally unrealistic) sexualised portrayals of women so prevalent in many. Something about those titles just makes me go "ewww", and it is quite possibly the lack of a romance between equals.
So, beyond the obvious of Studio Ghibli then, what would I recommend? The question only allows me to pick one so I’m going to go with The Vision of Escaflowne which is a fabulous blend of tightly plotted action, adventure, romance with a subtle coming of age story that makes for a perfect ending (IMO).
2. What is your least favourite thing about living in Canberra?
Probably the fact that most of my friends are still in Perth. It can be lonely here sometimes.
3. What is your favourite memory of a time spent with someone?
It isn’t so much a specific memory as a type of memory. Old friends around a dinner table (or a gaming table 🙂 ) sharing a good meal, company, and conversation in pleasant settings.
Oh, and being Patrick’s best man was an absolute blast. Especially the conspiring with Marcia to embarrass him (not hard when dealing with such a gentleman).
4. What is the furthest you have ridden, and where to?
The longest single day was on the Adelaide to Melbourne ride. On the leg from Robe to Meningie I managed about 160Ks but still needed the sag wagon by the end of the day. I only managed it by drafting off the back of other groups which isn’t that much fun – you spend so much time looking at the wheel in front that you don’t see anything else.
For solo, unsupported rides, I think my longest ride was Goulburn to Robertson and given the weight I was hauling possibly one of the hardest and most satisfying rides as well.
5. When is it Tuesday Knight?
Joust after Monday’s Squire.